Veggie-Might
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Veggie-Might

The highs and lows of token dietary supplementation.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bastard Aphids

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SP8
Shoot Scooter
Shoot Scooter
SP8

Bastard Aphids Empty
PostSubject: Bastard Aphids   Bastard Aphids EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 3:42 am

I first noticed Aphids on my Mini Mumma Capsicum plant about 1 month after planting when inspecting some curled new leaves. I purchased it as a seedling and no doubt introduced the bastards to just about everything else thanks to the nursery....

Initially I was just squishing them by hand but their incredibly fast reproduction got the better of me and before I knew it they were in plague proportion on everything except for the snow peas and tomatoes.

They didn't seem to effect the capsicum, chilli, parsley and coriander much but they were a big problem with the eggplant (especially thick on the flowers possible resulting in very low pollination?) and the Pak Choi.

I had a bad attempt at brewing up my own concoction of bug death using garlic, chilli and brown vinegar loosely based on Are they the lemmings?'s brew, but the aphids loved it!

Bastard Aphids HMSPRY

I finally got sick of seeing flowers fall off my eggplant and losing lots of pak choi leaves to curled oblivion and went and got some real shit.

Bastard Aphids InsectSpray

Bye bye aphids! But for how long....
Back to top Go down
https://veggie-might.darkbb.com

Bastard Aphids
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Veggie-Might :: The Lows :: Weeds, Pests and Diseases-
Jump to: